Join the Challenge of Breaking the Cycle of Childhood Homelessness Today!
DID YOU KNOW?
Loisann’s Hope House has helped thousands of families get off the street and on their feet. There are so many other children and families at risk and in need of our services. Our program is vital! Take a moment to hear April’s story
Only with your support can we end homelessness.
- ■ Loisann’s Hope House from 2013-2015 has impacted the lives of over 145 homeless children.
- ■ Over 26 years as the first homeless shelter in our community, we have moved over 1000's of people out of homelessness.
- ■ 11 million families in the U.S. are a pay check away from homelessness.
Our goal is to impact more children’s lives and we need your help!
Join the CHALLENGE of breaking the cycle today!
Prevalence of Child Homelessness
The National Center on Family Homelessness at American Institutes for Research reported in 2013 based on a calculation using the most recent U.S. Department of Education’s count of homeless children in U.S. public schools and on 2013 U.S. Census data:
- ■ 2,483,539 children experienced homelessness in the U.S. in 2013 (2.5 million).
- ■ This represents one in every 30 children in the U.S.
- ■ This is an historic high in the number of homeless children in the U.S.
Causes of Family Homelessness
The National Center for Family Homelessness reported that family homelessness is caused by the combined effects of lack of affordable housing, extreme poverty, decreasing government supports, the challenge of raising children alone, the changing demographics of the family, domestic violence, and fractured social supports. As the gap between housing costs and income continues to widen, more and more families are at risk of homelessness. For families with vulnerabilities or little safety net, even a seemingly minor event can trigger a catastrophic outcome and catapult a family onto the streets.
Our vision: Keeping hope alive.
With private donations down and public funding diminishing, Loisann’s Hope House needs your help now more than ever. Please consider making a gift of hope.